- What is SunBurn?
- How to Attend SunBurn
- Liability Waiver and Statement of Personal Responsibility
- Code of Conduct
- Sound Policy
- Forms and Applications
What is SunBurn?
Whether this is your first burn, you’ve burned a handful of times, or you’re a seasoned vet, this page is crucial and a must-read. The event and property can be inherently dangerous, and no matter one’s level of chagrin for it, there do exist some disclaimers. Trust us, it’s not our favorite part either.
SunBurn is not a rave.
SunBurn is not a spectator sport.
SunBurn is an interactive community of artists, performers, musicians, and participants creating both large and small scale art on private land.
SunBurn is a temporary society that you create for and with yourself and everyone else at the event, as participants. As such, there are no ins-and-outs once you’re checked in at gate.
How to Attend Sunburn
- Step 1: Read all of this page, all of it.
- Step 2: Buy your tickets.
- Step 3: Fill out forms.
- Step 4: Read the survival guide. (the survival guide is e-mailed to attendees a week or two prior to the event)
- Step 5: Attend SunBurn.
Please Read the Sunburn 2022 Covid-19 Policy
SUNBURN 2022 COVID-19 POLICY
On 2022-04-18, the NMSPF 90 LLC (SunBurn Board of Directors), with input from the SunBurn 2022 Medical Department, in consideration of the current state of New Mexico transmission and vaccination rates, have adopted this updated policy for COVID-19 requirements for entrance to SunBurn 2022. Should the COVID-19 pandemic worsen or further guidance be issued from state or federal entities between now and the event this policy may change to best protect the community. This may include tightening restrictions, requiring masks in indoor spaces and up-to cancellation of the event.
The requirement for entry to SunBurn includes proof of up-to-date vaccination status* OR proof of a NEGATIVE PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entry**, with a name matching the name on your ticket and legal identification.
This documentation will be checked at the gate. Refusal to provide the requested documentation will result in denial of entry to the event – no exceptions and no refunds will be issued.
We thank you for protecting our community, the communities around us!
**If you live in the state of New Mexico the NMDOH has partnered with Vault Health to provide no-cost at-home PCR testing and fast results turnaround. Visit https://learn.vaulthealth.com/nm/ for more information. Information on other testing options can be found here: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html, however, please note that PCR testing is required and rapid testing options will not be considered valid.
Liability Waiver and
Statement of Personal Responsibility
PLEASE HAVE ALL MEMBERS OF YOUR PARTY READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE PURCHASE.
As a ticket holder and participant at SunBurn, you agree that you are willingly entering this property and event at your own risk; that, in order to gain access to and to attend this event, you will abide by the conditions, policies, guidelines, and rules set forth herein, as posted on our website or ticketing site before and during the event, all of which are subject to change at any point prior to the event.
The nature of this event, the property, the unique interactive art, the rapidly changing weather conditions, and venomous creatures that inhabit the area all may contain natural or manmade hazards. The structures at Eaves Movie Ranch are built as temporary film production sets; facilities have not been built in conformance with the building code. Many buildings are false fronts and not designed to accommodate persons not familiar with film production. All of the aforementioned hazards may cause serious personal injury or death.
BY PURCHASING A TICKET AND/OR ATTENDING SUNBURN, YOU KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISK OF PROPERTY LOSS, PERSONAL INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FROM SURVIVING FAMILY OR HEIRS, WHICH MAY OCCUR BY ATTENDING THE 2019 SUNBURN EVENT, AND HEREBY FOREVER RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD NMSPF90 LLC, BURNING MAN PROJECT, ITS AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES, ALL VOLUNTEERS, LANDOWNERS, EMPLOYEES, AND/OR REPRESENTATIVES OF EAVES MOVIE RANCH HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM SUCH RISK, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF NMSPF90 LLC, OR BY THIRD PARTIES, OR BY THE OWNERS AND EMPLOYEES OF EAVES MOVIE RANCH AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.
YOU AGREE NOT TO ENTER ANY RESTRICTED OR CORDONED OFF AREA AND NOT TO CLIMB ANY FACADE OF THE BUILDINGS OR TRESPASS BEYOND THE EVENT BOUNDARIES.
You agree that you are 100% responsible for your camp, your personal well-being, and personal property at all times. There is no water, food, or fuel within miles of this property. You must come prepared with food, water, shelter, warm clothing, bedding, and anything else you need to survive during this event. No dogs allowed.
Should you transfer a ticket in any way to a new ticket holder, that new ticket holder automatically assumes all of the terms and conditions herein.
We reserve the right to deny anyone access to the property and SunBurn or demand they leave for any reason.
Participants and organizers will adhere to all local and state ordinances, in general and also in the event of any level of a burn ban.
Code of Conduct
- Please read – and consider – Burning Man’s 10 Principles before you arrive to SunBurn. We are an inclusive, expressive community, but we have boundaries. Respect is of utmost importance.
- Personal boundaries must be respected at all times. Always ask first. Only Yes means Yes, and no one is entitled to receive it. This is civic responsibility at its finest, people.
- Photographs and video also require consent. Permission must be given before capturing images of participants, performers, or artwork. Again, always ask first.
- No commercial use of any images is allowed without a signed, written agreement from the event organizers and those depicted. You agree any images taken are for personal use only (this does NOT include posting them on social media.).
- Decommodify. Advertising, vending or any offer of goods or services for sale is strictly prohibited within the event.
- This is a Leave No Trace event. Pack it in, pack it out.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas or within a closed vehicle.
- Animals are not permitted on site per the request of the landowner and the suitability of the site in high summer. Please leave your animals at home.
We are not in Black Rock City, with miles between us and our nearest neighbors. Our closest neighbor is less than 500 feet to our south. We need your help and communal effort to ensure we do not violate local sound rules or disturb our neighbors.
4am-10am: Quiet time, no amplified sound or loud generators
10am-10pm: 80dBA at 20′ outdoors (measured from source of sound)
10pm-4am: 65dBA at 20′ indoors only (measured 20′ from outside of structures)
Failure to comply with directives regarding sound from our Sound Team or other SunBurn Staff may be grounds for disconnecting your sound from power or your removal from the event. Please don’t do that.
Forms and Applications
The following is a consolidated list of all relevant forms and applications related to attending SunBurn. Please direct any questions to the SunBurn Event Coordinator.
- Art Registration (CLOSES JUNE 29!)
- Volunteer Database
- Theme Camp Registration – Closed June 10th!
- Event Registration – CLOSES JUNE 21!
- Individual Camping Placement – CLOSES JUNE 24!
- Vehicle Registration – CLOSES JUNE 24!
- Minor Contact Form – CLOSES JUNE 24!
- Ticket Transfer Requests – CLOSES JUNE 24!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarship Application – Closed May 1st